Coronavirus FAQs

Thanks for the overwhelming support over the past few weeks. We understand this is a very difficult situation for many of you and there is much uncertainty surrounding the next few months.

Booking a new trip

Several sportives have rescheduled for Autumn 2020 including the Marmotte (Sept 5th) & Mallorca 312 (Oct 10th). We have packages available for both as well as tours in Mallorca, Morocco, Pyrenees & more. Our 2021 tours will come out in May with some new destinations including Montenegro, Croatia & new raids. We are a proud ABTA member & all new bookings are fully protected.

Current Bookings: Is my trip still running and what are my options?

This is an unprecedented event for the travel industry (and the country at large) and we are all working hard to keep you informed and provide the best service to our riders. Like may of you, our team are currently working from home and are dealing with a large volume of enquiries so it will take longer than normal to respond to your emails.

There is a lot coverage in the news but please keep yourself up to date with the latest travel advice for your destination using the link below. The ABTA Corona advice page also has some very useful info for travellers

FCO Cyprus

FCO France

FCO Italy

FCO Morocco

FCO Spain

FCO Slovenia

ABTA Corona advice


1) Is my trip still running?

Sportive Breaks follows industry standards when making decisions regarding trips. This is based on the FCO guidance (see links above)

Trips may be cancelled when one of the following criteria is met:

  • The FCO advises against all but essential travel to your destination AT THE TIME OF YOUR TRIP
  • A sportive is cancelled
  • Host country authorities impose travel bans from the UK


Sportive Dat Status Notes
Granfondo Cyprus 27/03/2020 CANCELLED
Gent – Wevelgem 28/03/2020 CANCELLED
Tour of Flanders 04/04/2020 CANCELLED
Paris – Roubaix 11/04/2020 POSTPONED Awaiting new date
Liege-Bastogne-Liege 25/04/2020 POSTPONED Awaiting new date
Mallorca 312 25/04/2020 POSTPONED October 10th
Nove Colli 24/05/2020 CANCELLED
Milan-San Remo 07/06/2020 CANCELLED
Marmotte Alps 05/07/2020 POSTPONED September 5th
Maratone Dles Dolomites 05/07/2020 CANCELLED
Etape du Tour 05/07/2020 POSTPONED Awaiting new date

Sportive Breaks tours

All tours from the June 1st are currently running as scheduled as we wait for updated guidance. For all departures in 2020 we are offering the chance to re-book on a tour in 2021 (contact for alternative dates)

For all departures after June 1st we will be reviewing the situation on a monthly basis.

What happens if my trip is cancelled?

We will contact you with your cancellation options. These depend on what you have purchased from Sportive Breaks. The ABTA advice page has a summary of your consumer rights.

If my trip is cancelled, what happens to my flights?

If you trip is cancelled due to FCO guidance, you should be able to make a claim for flight and other costs on your travel insurance. Please contact your provider for details.

I am travelling in June or later, what are my options?

The FCO guidance covers imminent travel. We want to give you as much flexibility as we can and we are offering flexible re-booking conditions for all 2020 trips. Booking are covered under our standard terms and conditions

This gives us all time to understand the situation closer to departure date. The safety of our riders and staff is our top concern of course and we base our trip decision on the expert advise available.

My balance is due soon for a trip in the Summer, do I need to pay?

Yes, bookings are covered under the terms and conditions with payment due 3 months before departure.